I declare, these politicians drive me nuts. Some of the things they are doing or trying to do make no sense at all to me. I was about ready to throw a hammer through the TV the other day as I listened to the Anointed one and some of his Chicago mob hangers on (czars).
I was standing on a ladder trying to fix a ceiling fan and listen to the D.C. garbage at the same time when suddenly my eyes crossed, I began to sweat, my breathing became labored and my whole body started trembling. No, it wasn’t the Anointed ones blather or a heart attack, but the fact I had gotten hold of a hot wire because I forgot to turn off the electricity. The breaker finally tripped, thus freeing me from all these symptoms and I got down, composing myself and making sure my kidneys had held pressure.
I sat down with a tall glass of tea and in order to forget all the lunacy coming from D.C., I began to write down all the things that I was thankful for and here are a few of the blessings I enjoy.
1. My wife puts up with me.
2. Somehow I manage to put up with her.
3. I am healthy and so is the rest of my family.
4. I am out of debt.
5. I have one good combination hunting dog and wine critic.
6. I have lived to see another Fall and hunting season.
7. My conscience is fairly clear. I have a few issues but I’m working on it.
8. The roof on our home is tight and we have plenty of firewood stored up.
9. I have a few real friends that I can count on.
10. I don’t worship money.
11. My parents took me to church when I was small.
12. I know how to pray.
13. My wife is a computer geek so I don’t have to fool with it.
14. This past year’s vintage from my vineyard was the best ever.
15. I am proud of my children, including the one that is having the greatest challenges.
16. They may bring back the cash for clunker deal. HALLELUJAH!!
After reflecting on these and the many other blessings I enjoy, I forgot about the politicians, their deceptions and outright lies and just determined to turn off the news and enjoy life a day at a time. You might want to give it a try.