When this first came to my attention, I thought that it was a Solid Waste Recycling Center to be located here in the 4th district area and who would really care because it would produce about 20 jobs. We began to research and try and discover exactly what they were talking about. It concerns all of Appling County, because right now Landfills or DUMPS are blocked in Appling County. Moreover, the recycling center is only 60 percent of what we are talking about with the other 40 percent being materials to be placed in a dump on the site.
[Full Story »]